Cartersville Criminal Defense Attorney
Welcome to Criminal & DUI Law of Georgia
Criminal & DUI Law of Georgia is a practice of The McCoy Law Firm, LLC, a family-owned law firm located in Cartersville, Georgia. Our experienced criminal defense team represents clients throughout the northwest Georgia area, including Bartow County, Cobb County, Cherokee County, Gordon County, Floyd County and Paulding County. We also handle select personal injury cases.
Arrested or Charged? What Happens Next?
The majority of our criminal defense clients have found themselves facing the Georgia criminal justice system for the first time in their lives. They are concerned about their job, their family, their driver's license or professional license, their freedom, and the potential harm to their reputation for years to come.
If this sounds like you, you are not alone. The criminal process is complicated and there are many points at which an experienced and creative attorney can help you achieve a better outcome based on what is most important to you. Criminal & DUI Law of Georgia will:
- Help you understand the legal nature of your charges, including potential consequences for conviction of your charges or lesser included offenses
- Discuss possible defenses to your charges — including whether the charges are valid to begin with and whether your rights were violated at any time by law enforcement officials
- Keep you out of jail whenever possible, so you can continue living your life and supporting yourself and your family
- Explain every step of the process and ensure you are prepared
- Gather evidence and interview witnesses on your behalf
- Represent you in negotiations with the prosecutor and honestly assess possible plea deals
- Represent you in court and at trial
- Argue for the best possible outcome at sentencing, if it comes to that, including alternative sentencing and conditions of probation
- Work with you to address any separate concerns with the Georgia Department of Driver Services and professional licensing entities
Above all, our criminal defense team will assess the likely outcome of your case with integrity and honesty, based on our many years of experience.
There Is Hope
When you work with Criminal & DUI Law of Georgia, not only are you choosing an attorney with years of expertise in the field — you're getting an attorney who truly cares about your case. We are meticulously attentive to each case that we work on, giving you the devotion and experience you need. Learn more about why clients choose us.
We do not believe that one regretted mistake or wrongful accusation should follow you forever or stop you from living your life and moving forward. And we do not believe the justice system wants this either. Our mission is to show judges, prosecutors and juries that you are deserving of the best outcome possible under the facts of your case. Our mission is to give you hope.
Contact Our Cartersville Criminal Defense Law Firm
If you have been investigated, charged or arrested for a Georgia crime, please contact Criminal & DUI Law of Georgia so we can begin working on your case right away.